February Resolution: Write Something Every Day.
Purpose of the challenge: To get me back to writing.
The pieces will be unedited and will be uploaded as they're written. I'm turning my inner critic off for this one :)

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Finish Line - Poem (February Resolution #2)

Today I had the roughest day in a long time. 
I had (still do) a headache that refused to be deterred, and not only made it impossible to stay in class, made me feel all funny. I was seriously nutso for a while there... and being nutso made me slightly depressed. 
Combined that with reading Slammed by Colleen Hoover and it makes for a poem writing mood. I like how it came out. 


The Finish Line


I want to crawl into myself
and never go [out] again.

Life is tough when you can’t /pass/
the expectations you
       put
       on
       yourself


Nothing I do turns [out] right,
|Dead ends|
all around

I run and I run and I run
In a
(circle)
Right back to where I began.

It seems I’m |>stuck<| in this
Never ending (cycle)
With beginnings and middle but no end.

And no matter how far I think I have gone,
It’s the
start
line
I
see
at
the
end

_____________________


What do you think? I'd love to hear your opinion ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...