February Resolution: Write Something Every Day.
Purpose of the challenge: To get me back to writing.
The pieces will be unedited and will be uploaded as they're written. I'm turning my inner critic off for this one :)

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Where Is My Glue? // Drowning

I've not been able to complete my challenge. In fact, I outright gave up on it. It's been a hellish month and a half. I've been constantly sick, or busy, or depressed.

The result of depression, though, are good poems. Or somethings, since I'm not entirely sure it is a poem.
But I like it. It helps taking off the edge of my hopelessness... 

I'm debating between these two for the title. What do you think?: 

Where is my glue? / Drowning

I want to lie down and sleep,
For a thousand of years,
At the least.

I just can’t anymore.
Breathing hurts,
Thinking hurts,
Living hurts.
Everything hurts.

It’s like drowning in a river,
Of my most inner fears.
Like facing the monster under the bed,
To find out it’s you.
It’s like realizing the glass is not half full,
Or half empty,
It’s broken.

And I’ve long forgotten where I hid the glue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...